Japanese Salad with Udon Noodles, Beans, and Sesame
- 1 bag (1 kg) Arctic Gardens French Cut Green Beans
- 1 lb (450 g) Udon noodles, uncooked
- 1 cup (300 g) Red bell pepper, seeded and julienned
- 1 cup (300 g) Sweet yellow pepper, seeded and julienned
- 1 cup (250 ml) Canola oil
- 1 tsp (5 ml) Sesame oil
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) Ginger, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) Rice vinegar
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) White sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) Garlic, finely chopped
- A few drops of Sriracha sauce
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 ml) Low sodium soya sauce
- Sesame seeds (optional)
- Cook the udon noodles according to package instructions. Drain, cool and set aside in the fridge.
- Boil or steam the green beans for 4 minutes. Drain, cool and set aside in the fridge.
- In a bowl, mix together all of the dressing ingredients and marinate for 30 minutes.
- Add all of the salad ingredients to the dressing and toss.
- Add the udon noodles.
- Serve cold.